Members of the 89th Entry Association who attended the 2014 AGM at Southwold will recall that John Gormon (on behalf of his wife Margaret) proposed that we hold our 2016 reunion on a mini-cruise to Europe and there was good support for this proposal by those attending the AGM.
Margaret Gorman has negotiated a proposal for a 2-night cruise on the Fred Olsen ‘Balmoral’ departing from Southampton to Honfleur, France on 21 October 2016. Prices range from £179 (inside twin cabin grade I) per person to £539 (premier suite grade PS).
- A complimentary group drinks party to be hosted by Margaret as the group leader, to include red and white house wine, sherry, soft drinks and cold canapés.
- Private use of on board facilities for an AGM meeting & other private activities on request. However we cannot eat there.
- Free gratuities (tips) for everyone in the party if all cabins are booked by 31st May 2015. (Usually charged at £4.00 per passenger, per day on board).
- All-inclusive drinks package charged at £29 per person, per night upgrade, if booked and paid no later than 2 weeks prior to departure (preferably to be booked at the time of booking).
- No sole occupancy charges on outside twin cabin grades E (£215), D (£233) & B (251) only.
We would be situated in a cluster of tables for meals in the restaurant. All prices include dinner on first night and breakfast, lunch and dinner on the following evening. Of course any expenditure while ashore in Honfleur would not be included.
Letters were mailed to members to seek their support but only 17 supported this venture (included wives/partners). Therefore we will not proceed with a mini-cruise for the 2016 reunion. However, those who expressed an interest in the mini-cruise have been invited by John and Margaret to accompany them.